• Ada area residents support the community's businesses, schools, hospitals, events and organizations. The strong school, excellent academics, variety of clubs and championship sports program make it an educated, healthy community with strong support. #GoCougars!
• Ada is growing. Its a great place to do business! The city has two business parks, strong city services, a vibrant Chamber of Commerce and an active Economic Development Authority to assist with the growth.
Community • Ethics • Integrity • Start your own story today!
• The Ada area is grounded in a strong agricultural economy wich spans generations. Our residents demonstrate a strong work ethic and community involvment common to the upper midwest. We are resilient, forward looking and ready to meet challenges. When opportunities arise, we readily adapt to change and welcome new and invigorating enterprises. Start your own (his)story today!
Strong government • Recreation • Affordable housing • Safe environment • Community Events
• Ada has a strong city government, updated infrastructure, affordable housing and active community involvement. Annual community events and activities keep the customers coming! They come to enjoy the Ada Fair Grounds, Ada Raceway, Dekko Center (rec center), Ada Area Events Center, Heart of the Valley Golf Course, Orpheum Theater, Pioneer Historical Village, shops, stores, eating establishments and more.
Strong schools • Youth activities year around • Championship sports teams • Youth organizations
• Ada-Borup Cougars have a heritage that spans generations. The district is known for its excellence in education, innovative staff, vast choices of electives, strong support of parents, clubs for students with a variety of interests and championship sports. In addition to school clubs, there are club events year around including 4-H, Just for Kix, a summer rec programs, a hockey rink, parks, sand volleyball, the Dekko Center which includes an indoor pool, a walking track, weight room and classes. That's just for starts.
Opportunities to grow, expand or enjoy a fresh start
Agriculture • Retail • Education • Healthcare • Law Enforcement • Ranching • Export/Import
Our infrastructure, health and human services are strong, but there is much more to the area. People come to Norman County for a variety reasons. Some are looking for new opportunities, better schools, healthy living, outdoor recreation or just a nice change. Some are looking for a great place to raise their children or start a business. We have it all.
‘Find something you love to do and you’ll never have to work a day in your life. #OnlyInMN
Strong economy • Professional services • Area events & recreation • Shops • Agriculture
It's all here...even after work.
• Ada has a strong economic program, but work isn't everything in Northwest Minnesota. After work and on the weekends, everything is at your fingertips including groceries, gas, entertainment, restaurants, auto dealers and repair, implement dealers, artists, office supplies/IT, second hand store, radio, newspapers, schools, healthcare, lawyers, accountants, fairgrounds, raceway, golf course, recreation center, indoor pool, area clubs and multiple organizations (based on common interests).
You can get there from here • It's your choice - work from home, work in the area or commute
Area cities and airports are close enough, but far enough to live quietly - depending on what you want.
• When it comes to work, some choose to work from home; some work local and are home by 5 p.m. to enjoy family, friends and hobbies; still others choose to make a commute, with no traffic, to a city hub 30-65 minutes from Norman County. Larger area cities include Fargo (Hector Airport - FAR)-Moorhead, Detroit Lakes, Crookston, Grand Forks (GF Int'l Airport GFK)-East Grand Forks, Red Lake Falls and Thief River Falls. Ada is 3 hours and 45 minutes from the Twin Cities (MSP Int'l Airport) - not too far for a good Twins, Vikings or Timberwolves game.